Google

Friday, December 15, 2006

Suzie's China Grill & Sushi - Austin, TEXAS

Suzie's on Shoal Creek has to be one of my fav places to eat lunch. I just love Suzie's. This intense gastronomical love affair started with the S. Lamar location. After Mrs. Food trapped me in her net of love, it moved north to the Shoal Creek / Anderson location. Parking is not an issue, but getting a table during the lunch rush usually involves a short wait. I would highly recommend getting to Suzie's before 11:45am for instant seating but after that, you will probably have to wait.

Mrs. Food (light of my life) and I arrived at Suzie's at about 12:20 and added our name to the list. After about a 15 min wait, we were seated in the sushi bar part of the restaurant. One of Suzie's strong points has to be the great, fast service, you don't have to wait or want for anything. The servers are efficient and on the job. We had menus and water upon being seated and the server was right there to take our order. We each started with soup. Mrs. Food likes the egg drop while I am a big fan of the hot and sour, which on this day was pretty darn spicy and perfect for the cooler weather. Talking to our server, Mrs. Food discovered that Suzie's has brown rice, which is great for her diet and matched perfectly with her order of steamed vegetables. Not so concerned with my diet, I always get the sweet and sour pork lunch special. The food started arriving at our table no longer that 5mins after we ordered…a real plus if you have places to go and people to see and don't have the luxury of a long lunch break.

It's like I am just addicted to the sweet and sour pork. The combination of pineapple with the pork just rocks my world. I also like to mix the sauce with my rice…o yea baby. Mrs. Food's plate was heaping with vegetables and was more than enough to satisfy her appetite. The combination of brown rice with her meal made Mrs. Food very happy indeed and when she is happy, I am happy. Our total cost for two hot teas and two lunch entrees (each came with soup) around $20 – not including tip.

Mr. Foodblog gives Suzie's two spoons up. Great food and great service. A friendly, happy wait staff combined with a warm comfortable atmosphere and tasty good food always equals a positive eating experience. Suzie's has three locations in Austin, check out the website for more info. http://www.suzischinagrill.com/ .

Suzie's China Grill & Sushi
7858 Shoal Creek Blvd
302 4600

1152 S. Lamar
441 8400

2745 Bee Caves
347 7077

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home