Google

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Chango's - Austin, TEXAS

Just a quickie….I stopped by Chango’s (3023 Guadalupe) on the drag, next door to the Wheatsville Co-op, for some breakfast tacos around 9am. Mrs. Food and Polly were hungry and had put me to work fetching food. If you haven’t been to Chango’s, that’s ok, it caters to the UT crowd, mostly. It has its own parking lot and on this morning it was not a problem for me to find a spot.

The inside is nice and open. Big windows face out to Guadalupe making for good people watching. I was the only person in the restaurant at that exact moment so I had the complete attention of everyone that working….or so I thought. I placed my order of 6 tacos, 4 with flour and 2 with corn. Chango’s is known for making its own tortillas both flour and corn. It’s always a good time watching the tort lady do her thing. After 10 mins or so, I had my breakfast tacos and headed down the road.



When I delivered Mrs. Food her tacos, we realized that all six where flour……noooooo. I was so disappointed, I could have cried. I was the only person in the restaurant, how could they have missed my order? I had ordered 2 egg bean and cheese tacos, which I liked very much. Not giant but not small, the beans tasted great and the flour tortilla……o yes, so good. The six tacos cost around $13.50…give or take a nickel.

Mr. Food gives Chango’s One spoon up. Sorry guys, but how do you miss your only customers order? The food I received was just fine, the torts where fantastic. I also felt the cost was a little out of hand. I am use to paying about a $1 each per taco from my favorite taco shack…the Tamale House on Airport. Check Chango’s out; let me know what you guys think. I also understand that Chango’s is WiFi…..cool. Other people have also told me that the fish tacos are worth the tip to Chango’s.

Chango’s
3023 Guadalupe
480 8226

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home