Google

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Fast Meat from Austin, TEXAS

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
With football season in full gear, what to feed all those hungry mouths gathered around the TV? Even though I am all about grilling up the meat, sometimes I just don’t want to jump through all the hoops……cleaning the grill, starting the fire, cutting the wood…ect, you know what I mean. So I have been on the lookout for the fast, big meat serving situation that doesn’t involve a huge mess or fifteen different steps to prepare the meal.

Around the corner from my house is La Michoacana Meat Market. You might have one in your neighborhood. I discovered that La Michoacana has pre marinated fajita meat for sale by the lb. How convenient is this. I was planning to have a few of the guys around for some drinking and some heavy bullshitting. It’s a guys thing…what can I say. If your friends are anything like my friends, it takes a cow and a keg to keep them satisfied.

So I headed down to La Michoacana, and pick up 7lbs of the fajita meat at $4lb. When I got home, I only had a few minuets until the guys would start showing up. I grabbed the largest cooking sheet I have, covered it with foil and laid out the meat. I cut an onion and bell pepper, sprinkled over the meat and presto, I had food ready to go. I cranked the oven to 425 degrees and let the meat cook. About 25mins later, Mr. Bestdressed showed up, with a 12 pack of XX, just as I was pulling out the cooked fajita. Combined with some fresh tortillas from HEB and some la Serial beans, I like the chipotle, we had a serious meat eating situation going on. And let me tell you, the fajita was so tender, it was falling apart. Tough fajita is no bueno!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home