Google

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Primize - Austin,TEXAS

Primize has to be one of the most unpretentious fine eating joints in town. I really like the fact that you can seat yourself and also the very local Austin feel about the café with the tattoo-covered wait staff catering to your every need.

After finding a booth open at the back of the cafe, we quickly ordered some coffee and got down to the difficult job of satisfying our need for something sweet. I had tried the tiramisu on a previous visit, which I had enjoyed very much, so tonight I wanted to try something different and I think I chose the best that Primize has to offer.

The Senora had the crostata di pesca e mirtillo (a warm peach and blueberry tart with home made vanilla bean gelato). The look of the tart was simple but mouth wateringly inviting. The crust was both warm and crispy; the fruit sweet and delicious, the overall presentation made me think of the kind of comfort food grandma dreamed of serving. I decided to try the torta di limone (Italian lemon cheese cake). No bull kids, but this may be my absolute most favorite dessert in town right now. The cheese cake was small and round, served with a piece of candied lemon rind and sprig of fresh mint. The cake was so incredibly rich in flavor yet not so lemony that it became a chore to eat. It took me a good twenty minutes, savoring each small bite, to finish. The texture of the cake was perfection, very even throughout, not like some cheese cakes served around town, full of gross cheesy lumps.

Our overall cost with coffee came to $16 plus tip. Well worth the money for a most heavenly dessert experience.

Senor Foodblog says two spoons for Primizies desserts. What can I say, we had a great time. The food combined with the room and the warm local feel make Primizie a must-try dinner place. We were both impressed by the local offering menu; I was especially intrigued by the lamb, quail combination. Can't wait to come back and try it.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home