Google

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Trulucks - Austin,TEXAS

After two solid weeks of family and friends living/occupying our home, aka Hotel Asparagus, Senora Foodblog and I were ready for a break and a quiet night all to ourselves. Eager for a good meal, something not too heavy, something not to overwhelming, the Senora narrowed her selection to Trulucks downtown or Mikado, Burnet and 183. Giving me the final choice of restaurants, I chose Trulucks Seafood; fish and crab sounded like the perfect meal to me.

Parking with the valet made life easy, $7, no problem. I have just about given up trying to find any sort of decent parking downtown during the week and have finally succumbed to the idea of just paying to park. We didn't have reservations but immediate seating was available. I was a little surprised to notice, as we made our way into the dinning room, that the bar area was nearly empty. Note to self...good place for after-work drinking.

Having never eaten at Trulucks, the Senora and I found the dinning area both comfortable and inviting. Our smiling server quickly introduced herself and presented us with the menu. Taking our drink order and giving us few moments to review our dining options, she returned and with no mercy at all dropped the "crab bomb" on us. It so happens that Monday is All You Can Eat Jonah Crab Claws including sides, soups and salads for $42 (which is Trulucks usual price for 12 claws, no sides/extras). Oh-My-God, it was on. I am a huge crab fan and couldn't refuse this temptation and neither could Senora Foodblog. Our server tells us that we would each begin with 7 claws and she would continue to bring more as we requested.

I started with the Cream of Pablono soup - $6 (sorry not as good as my home made but still very tasty) while the senora had the Sonoma Greens Salad - $6 (field greens, goat cheese, pecans and sliced apples tossed with a honey vinaigrette). For our sides we shared the braised wild mushrooms, sweet potato fries and the steamed asparagus, which were so good, we had to order a second plate. I then proceeded to eat three servings of crabs and most of Senora's second serving to boot. In all, I guestimate that I ate between sixteen and eighteen scrumptious claws, definitely got my moneys worth. Good lord I was so very full, I thought I would explode. Our total bill for drinks and crab/sides came to, including tip, $132.

Senor Foodblog gives Trulucks two spoons up. What a great meal, service and general atmosphere. The Senora and I both agree that Trulucks is an Austin winner. I haven't eaten that much good seafood in a long time, 10 yrs, while I was working and losing my mind in Alaska. Our server was wonderful and very friendly, ready to answer any and all questions/needs with a smile and prompt service. Check out Truluck's Mondays All-You-Can-Eat, as a crab fan I promise that you won't be disappointed and you too will know the power of the "crab bomb".

Enjoy

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home